During the years we have learned that part of what families feel when making funeral arrangements is the time pressure and unfamiliarilty of this task. When funeral arrangements are made in advance, there is no time element, which allows you the opportunity to make good, clear decisions regarding your arrangements. Also, we understand that family members appreciate knowing the wishes of their loved ones which relieves them of the burden of making these difficult decisions. Making pre-arrangements is very common, with nearly half of our families making arrangements ahead of time.
There are many reasons one should make pre-arranged funeral services. Some of the benefits are:
- Togetherness. Families can make decisions together and share these choices. This saves loved ones the difficulty of making decisions during a time of grief.
- Financial Ease. The making of pre-arrangements transfers the risk of inflation of funeral costs to the funeral home instead of you, the consumer. Pre-planning allows the costs to be frozen at today's prices. Hayes Funeral Home also allows the option of paying for pre-arrangements through installments which relieves the surviving members of the financial burden of funeral expenses.
- Documentation. Pre-arranged funeral services provide a record of your wishes that will be accessible by surviving family members. This assures that your wishes will be carried out as you desired. It also reduces the opportunity for intra-family conflict regarding funeral arrangements. Pre-planning will have a positive impact on your family and friends simply because you have made your own decision. This peace of mind provides benefits far beyond the dollars spent.
- Insurance. Many life insurance policies are purchased to allow a family the ability to adjust to the loss of a family member. If pre-arrangements are not made, oftentimes insurance proceeds are spent on cemetery and funeral items. This can add to the financial burden to those loved ones that are left behind. Pre-planning eases this financial burden by allowing family members to use the insurance policies for the reasons they were initiated.
- Satisfaction. Pre-planning allows you to determine exactly how much to spend for funeral expenses. It also allows you to select your own funeral merchandise, details, and services. The satisfaction knowing that such an important decision has been made as you desired is very comforting to your family members.
We provide licensed and trained funeral directors to assist you with making arrangements in advance. There is not any cost or pressure associated with making advance plans, and it is possible to document significant biographical information and desires on file with us without pre-paying for your funeral expenses. We would like to educate you on what options are available so that you can make a sound decision on what is best for you and your loved ones.
It is also important for you to know that The Texas Department of Banking regulates the funeral industry on pre-paid funeral contracts. In addition to speaking with one of our licensed funeral directors, please also take a minute to look at their website: http://www.prepaidfunerals.texas.gov. Together we can help you make an informed decision.
To arrange for an appointment or to ask questions regarding this service, please call the funeral home at (409) 925-3501. Please ask to speak with a funeral director. To prepare for your conference with a funeral director, please review our downloadable form. Completing this form prior to your conference with a funeral director would be of great assistance.
Alternatively, arrangements can be made in the comfort of your own home by clicking the button below. Fill in as much as you are comfortable with and we'd be pleased to meet with you to discuss further. See the form below for details.